Take a look at what the Lanka Business Report is saying about Rolls Royce’s place in the Luxury Car Market. 20% sales growth is impressive in these times!
Select Luxury Cars, located in Marietta, Ga. on Highway 41, hand “Selects” every vehicle. We specialize in the highest quality automobiles available in the market. Whether you live here in the Atlanta area or anywhere around the world, we will find the exact car you are dreaming of. If you are looking for a Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Ferrari or other high end model, begin your search here and we won’t disappoint.
BMW announced today that they updated it’s In-Dash Display to include Yelp. Drivers of vehicles equipped with BMW Online will be able to access Yelp through an uploadable app on the new applications screen that was added with the BMW Online update.
Yelp uses reviews in a social network functionality for consumers to create a local on-line community. Its basically a reputation based search engine where local users can rate a business based off of personal experience- the new word of mouth. So while crusing around in your BMW, you can go to the Yelp App and find a restaurant and it’s reviews.
The article listed below, states “Yelp isn’t the first embedded application BMW has added to vehicles. BMW Online also offers customers Google search capability and access to Bloomberg news from the in-dash display. Nor will Yelp be the last–a BMW spokesperson indicated that the company will offer more downloadable applications in the future at the same time it is also pursuing more smartphone-based application integrations for ConnectedDrive.”
Here is the link to the article. http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57346213-1/now-you-can-yelp-in-your-bmw/
The Detroit Auto Show is next month but Mercedes Benz has a released the photos of the 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Luxury Roadster. The article linked below states, “Powered by a twin-turbo, direct-injection 4.6-liter V8 rated at 429 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque, it’s a significant performance upgrade over the previous SL550, with 47 more horsepower and 125 pound-feet more torque. Weighing about 300 pounds less than the former convertible through extensive use of aluminum helps the new model live up to its SL – Super Light – moniker.” I think it is a super hot ride and loving it in the matte black finish. http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/autos-next-mercedes-sl520-revealed Take a look at the whole story and enjoy the photos as well as learning about the new design.
At Select Luxury Cars we have a 2008 SL550 that we are selling for $45,900. That is $9634 below average resale. It is a Black on Black and has only 45,000 miles.
Select Luxury Cars, located in Marietta, Ga. on Highway 41, will hand “Select” every vehicle. We specialize in the highest quality automobile made all over the world. Whether you live here in the Atlanta area or anywhere around the world, we will find the exact car you are dreaming of. If you are looking for a Mercedes, BMW, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Lamborghini, Ferrari or other high end model, begin your search here. http://www.selectluxury.com
I read this morning that today is the birthday of the speeding ticket. Many of us have gotten speeding tickets over the years, but no one likes the sudden appearance of blue lights flashing behind them when they’re on their merry way home from work, or anywhere else for that matter. Especially if you drive an exotic sports car, such as some of the ones that we sell here at Select Luxury Cars, the police just might assume that you’re going to speed just because you drive a car that can go double, triple, or more over the highway speed limits.
(For you fans of the song, here’s a video of Joe Walsh performing it live at Wembley Arena)
So in honor of, or perhaps in a warped tribute to, the first speeding ticket, here are a few facts and tips.
From Wikipedia’s entry on “Traffic Ticket,” here’s some speeding trivia:
- The fastest speeding ticket in the world allegedly occurred in May 2003 in Texas. It was supposedly 242mph in a 75mph zone. The car was a Swedish-built Koenigsegg CCX, which was involved in the San Francisco to Miami Gumball 3000 Rally.
- The fastest convicted speeder in the UK was Daniel Nicks, convicted of 175 mph on a Honda Fireblade motorcycle in 2000. He received six weeks in jail and was banned from driving for two years.
- The fastest UK speeder in a car was Timothy Brady, caught driving a 3.6-litre Porsche 911 Turbo at 172 mph on the A420 in Oxfordshire in January 2007 and jailed for 10 weeks and banned from driving for 3 years.
- Also, in the UK visiting from Japan, Kazuhiko “Smokey” Nagata did 324kph (201mph) on the A1M in a RB26DETT powered Toyota Supra tuned by the company he founded, Top Secret. He was arrested, fined, and banned from driving in the UK. Numerous videos on YouTube show the top speed run, which was filmed by Video Option reporters. One of the reporters hid the tape in his jeans to avoid it being confiscated and being used as evidence against Smokey.
- The most expensive speeding ticket ever given is believed to be the one given to Jussi Salonoja in Helsinki, Finland, in 2003. Salonoja, the 27-year-old heir to a company in the meat-industry, was fined £116,000 for driving 80 km/h in a 40 km/h zone. The uncommonly large fine was due to Finnish speeding tickets being relative to the offender’s last known income. Salonoja’s speeding ticket was not the first ticket given in Finland reaching six figures.
- Film actor and director Harry Myers received the world’s first speeding ticket in 1904, Dayton, Ohio, police ticketed Harry Myers for going twelve miles per hour on West Third Street.
- (Note: according to the US Census Bureau, as referenced on the blog Ask MJ : “May 20th, 1899, Jacob German (a New York City cab driver) was arrested for speeding. He was also driving 12 miles per hour, down Lexington street in Manhattan. He was imprisoned in the East 22nd Street station house. He didn’t have to surrender his registration and license, as those weren’t required by law until 1901 in New York.”)
- Another early speeding ticket was issued in 1910 to Lady Laurier, the wife of Wilfrid Laurier, Prime Minister of Canada, in Ottawa, Canada, for exceeding the 10 miles per hour speed limit.
Now for the advice: What do you do if you get pulled over for speeding? What do you do if you can’t talk your way out of a ticket?
Well, this post on Lifehacker offers 18 tips, both to avoid getting the ticket in the first place, and to get it dismissed if possible. The first 4 tips I’ve quoted here, but for the rest visit their site via the link above.
1. Get your attitude right.
Fighting with the police officer never increases your chances of leniency. You want him to like you. Prepare to achieve this goal.
2. Turn your car off, and turn the interior lights of your car on.
Place your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel and remove your sunglasses or hat. Some people even advise you to place your keys on the roof of your car as a sign of total submission. Never, ever get out of the car.
The whole point of this is to take any unnecessary tension out of the encounter. You want the officer to be comfortable. Imagine the types of people and the dangers that most officers have had to deal with. Be just the opposite.
3. Be very polite and do exactly what the nice cop with the big gun says.
Save your pleas until after the basics are finished. Many officers will never speak to you until after they’ve done the basics. It’s almost a litmus test for jerk drivers.
4. Once the officer has gotten your information, ask him politely if you may speak to him about your violation.
If you know you broke the law, admit it vehemently and tell the officer that he was completely right for pulling you over. Honest officers will admit that there is a lot of pride in police work, and, if you can sufficiently satisfy the pride factor, sometimes officers don’t feel it necessary to punish you any further. The better you make the officer feel; the more likely he’s going to like you enough to let you go.
One thing I’ve found helpful is to have your driver’s license and proof of insurance in hand by the time the officer gets to your car. They’re going to ask you for it anyway, so start things off right and have it ready. You want to show them the courtesy of making their job easier. If you’re going to have to reach into your glove compartment or anywhere else not in plain sight, let the officer know where you’re reaching and why. You may not be a criminal, but the officer never knows what will happen when they pull someone over. Making them feel at ease works in your favor as well.
Another suggestion: pull over somewhere out of the way – if you are on the highway and an exit is coming up, put your turn signal on and go ahead to the exit, then pull over in a parking lot or somewhere safe. The officer won’t be as happy if you pull over on a highway full of fast-moving cars as he or she will be if it takes an extra 30 seconds or so to go somewhere safer.
We hope this is both helpful and entertaining! If you’re in the market for a used luxury car or a preowned sports car, visit our website or stop by our Atlanta pre-owned auto dealership. Or click here for Mapquest directions to Select Luxury Cars.
Select Luxury Cars | 985 Cobb Parkway South, Marietta, GA 30060 | 770-421-0070 | 1-800-283-7224 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an uncommon find. Maybach is among the most luxurious cars made, and we have a beautiful 2006 Maybach 57S in stock right now, on our showroom floor at 985 Cobb Parkway South, Marietta GA 30060.
To own this magnificent car, call us at 770-421-0070, email us at email@example.com, or visit us on the web at http://www.SelectLuxury.com. There are many more beautiful photos on our site – go here for the page for the 2006 Preowned Maybach 57S in Atlanta. If that link is not working, the Maybach has found a new home, but feel free to browse our other Atlanta preowned luxury & sports car inventory.
Here are a few details:
- Internet Price: $189,900 (Original MSRP: $379,35o)
- Exterior: Baltic Black
- Interior: Black Exclusive Leather
- Stock #: 10689
- Engine: 6.0L V12 engine
- Carfax One Owner
View Carfax ReportNot all accidents or other issues are reported to CARFAX. The number of owners is estimated. See the full CARFAX Report for additional information and glossary of terms. 12.May.2010 14:23:30
- No Accidents / Damage Reported to CARFAX
- No Airbag Deployment Reported to CARFAX
- Vehicle Qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee
- No Structural/Frame Damage Reported to CARFAX
- No Manufacturer Recalls Reported to CARFAX
- No Indication of an Odometer Rollback
- CARFAX 1-Owner
- No Total Loss Reported to CARFAX
- VIN #: WDBVF79JX6A001764
- Transmission: Automatic
- Mileage: 28,347
*SOLAR MODULE / SOLAR POWER CABIN VENTILATION: $2,150
*RETRACTING FOLDING REAR TABLE (RIGHT): $2,175
*RETRACTING FOLDING REAR TABLE (LEFT): $2,175
*ACTIVE VENTILATED SEATS / FRONT: $1,550
*ACTIVE VENTILATED SEATS / REAR: $1,550
*DUAL 9.5″ FLAT SCREEN COLOR VIDEOS MONITORS , TWO HEADPHONES!
*REAR-CABIN AUDIOVISUAL SYSTEM W/DVD PLAYER , SINGLE-FEED 6-DISC CD CHANGER, VHF TV TUNER , AUXILIARY INPUTS AND REMOTE CONTROL.
*REAR VIEW CAMERA W / PARK ASSIST!
*ELECTRIC TRUNK CLOSER!
*CARBON FIBER WOOD!
*10 AIRBAGS (FRONT : DUAL FRONT , DUAL SIDE , DUAL HEAD PROTECTION CURTAINS , REAR : DUAL SIDE , DUAL HEAD CURTAINS)
*DYNAMIC MULTICONTOUR HEATED SEATS WITH MASSAGE FEATURE!
*INTEGRATED CELL PHONE IN FRONT , BLUETOOTH CONNECTOR AND CELL IN REAR!
*BOSE SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM!
*SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO!
Maybach 57S S Standard Equipment
- Monocoque body structure w/41% high-strength/low-alloy steel
- Pwr sunroof above front cabin w/tilt/sliding, tinted glass, express- open/close, memory
- Bi-xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps w/automatic level control, light-sensing auto-on headlamps, heated headlamp washers
- Halogen front fog lamps
- Single rear fog lamp
- Programmable daytime running lamps
- Infrared-reflective glass w/laminated front, rear, side glass
- Dual power mirrors w/automatic heating, power fold-in, memory, driver-side auto-dimming
- Passenger-side exterior mirror parking assist (programmable to tilt down when shifting into reverse)
- Dual aero-blade rain-sensing windshield wipers w/soft-reverse, heated windshield washer system
- Power heated front seats w/automatic head-restraint height adjustment, 5-position memory
- Individual heated rear seats w/pwr-adjustable seatback/cushion angle, head-restraint height/angle adjustment, 5-position memory
- Grand Nappa front/rear leather seating surfaces & head restraints
- Rear-seat head restraints w/adjustable side wings
- Front/rear pneumatically adjustable seatback support chambers-inc: (3) in lumbar, (1) in shoulder area, (1) in each side bolster
- Front/rear occupant-activated massage seatbacks
- Grand Nappa leather on dash, console, doors, armrests and rear shelf
- Center console multifunction display-inc: trip computer, Flexible Service System, oil level, digital speedometer, radio/CD status, phone book, DVD based navigation system, reminder/malfunction messages, programmable settings, Distronic settings, phone status, tire pressure monitoring system SIRIUS satellite radio w/lifetime subscription
- Dual retractable cup holders in center instrument panel
- Velour floor carpeting & floor mats
- Nappa leather/wood trim heated steering wheel-inc: tilt/telescopic steering column, illuminated audio/phone controls, easy exit feature
- Instrumentation-inc: analog speedometer, tachometer, coolant temp, outside temp, Touch Shift gear selection display, sport/comfort shift mode display
- Rear roof instrument cluster-inc: clock, speedometer, outside temp
- Pwr windows w/one-touch express-up/down
- Pwr door locks w/drive away locking
- (3) button garage door control
- SmartKey memory feature-inc: driver seat, steering column position, climate control settings (up to (3) users per car)
- SmartKey w/integrated Keyless Go remote control-inc: panic alarm, door locking/unlocking, sunroof, trunk/windows opening/closing, fuel filler door (Option will automatically be selected for all orders. Please call Maybach Assistance Center to delete this option)
- Tele Aid GPS w/collision/alarm notification, stolen vehicle tracking, remote keyless unlocking service
- Distronic adaptive cruise control w/digital display
- Parktronic audio parking assistant
- Integrated Motorola V600 or V710 digital telephone in front cabin-inc: instrument panel & audio system display, steering wheel controls, Multi-Handset Interface (MHI) cradle, external antenna and microphone for handsfree communication
- Bluetooth adapter for rear cabin mobile phone-inc: Motorola V600 or V710
- Antitheft alarm system w/tow away protection
- Engine immobilizer
- Quad-zone automatic climate control w/individual controls for automatic/manual settings, electronically adjustable vents, rest mode (ventilates cabin or recirculates heat up to 30 minutes after car is off)
- Electrically heated rear window w/automatic shutoff
- Filters-inc: electrostatic dust/pollen, active charcoal w/smog-sensor
- Bose Everywhere AM/FM/CD player & (6) disc CD changer w/21-speaker Dolby surround sound system, Bose AudioPilot digital processor, weather-band radio
- (2) sets of rear seat headphones
- Dual Rear-cabin 9.5″ TV monitors w/remote control, DVD player
- Diecast magnesium lockable glovebox w/illumination, soft opening
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror w/memory
- Alcantara headliner
- Pwr rear window curtains
- Dual front illuminated vanity visor mirrors w/magnifying & standard lenses
- Dual rear cabin illuminated vanity mirrors
- Lighting-inc: dual front map lights, rear cabin environmental comfort lighting, dual rear reading lamps located in side panels, (2) lamps integrated w/dome lamp, entrance lamps in all doors & beneath exterior mirrors
- Rear center console w/storage, 12-volt power outlet, dual cup holders
- Rear center console refrigerator
- Rear center console controls-inc: central locking, interior lamp dimming, rear window curtains, Tele Aid SOS button
- (2) rear retractable 4-way adjustable folding tables w/wood/chrome/leather trim
- 6.0L V12 engine w/twin liquid-to-air intercooled turbochargers
- Driver-adaptive 5-speed automatic transmission w/touch shift control, sport/ comfort modes
- Rear wheel drive
- Independent front double wishbone suspension
- Independent rear 5-arm multi-link suspension
- Airmatic dual control air suspension w/4-wheel level control
- Sport suspension-inc: firmer recalibrated ADS and Airmatic systems
- P275/45R20 tires
- 20″ x 8.5″ cast alloy wheels
- Recirculating-ball steering w/speed-sensitive power assist
- 4-wheel ventilated disc brakes w/emergency-sensing brake assist
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Sensotronic brake control 4-circuit braking system w/Soft Stop, predictive brake priming, automatic brake-pad drying, adaptive brake pedal
- 29.1 gallon fuel tank
- Driver & front passenger airbags w/dual deployment levels based on impact severity, front passenger occupancy sensor
- Seat-mounted side-impact airbags on all seating positions
- 3-point front/rear seat belts w/Emergency Tensioning Device (ETD), belt force limiter, automatic comfort fit
- BabySmart system (deactivates front passenger airbag when BabySmart-compatible child seat is installed)
- Rear seat tether anchors (LATCH)
- Front/rear crumple zones
- Illuminated emergency trunk release handle
We at Select Luxury Cars want to do what we can to help you avoid getting ripped off. From time to time we will post information that we feel is useful to you. This article on the Better Business Bureau website, titled VIN Cloning Swindles Luxury Car Buyers, is a few years old but the information in it is as valid as ever. This usually happens in private-party transactions such as buying from an individual who has advertised on Craigslist or in the local newspaper, but some dealers do end up with such cars if they aren’t careful about doing their due diligence on each and every vehicle (don’t worry – we are VERY careful about this!).
From the BBB article:
This type of scam artist preys on middle-income consumers who are thrilled to get a great deal on an expensive vehicle. To help prevent falling victim to VIN cloning, the Better Business Bureau suggests the following:
- Be extremely cautious if you see a late model luxury car selling significantly under normal market price.
- Do not fall for the “we need cash quickly” excuse; exercise due diligence.
- Check the VIN number on the dashboard against the car’s title documents. If there is a discrepancy, that is a definite red flag.
- Make certain the dashboard VIN number also matches the number under the hood and at the door jamb on the driver’s side.
- Closely examine the car’s title, registration and other documents. Fake documents sometimes contain misspelled words, which points to something amiss.
- If you still have questions about the validity of the vehicle’s VIN, obtain a comprehensive vehicle history report.
If you feel like you might be a victim of VIN cloning, contact your local police department.
Select Luxury Cars has an A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau and are a BBB Accredited business. A link to the BBB Reliability Report for Select Luxury Cars is here. We also provide CarFax reports on all of our cars – we want you to feel completely at ease when making a major purchase such as a used luxury car.