11 Tips To Get Your Car Ready For Summer
Here’s a useful post on Jalopnik about getting your car ready for summer. Whether you’re in a Mercedes-Benz or an AMC Pacer, it’s important to take car of the basic maintenance (or have a good mechanic take care of it for you) so that your car is ready for summer and doesn’t suffer any unnecessary wear and tear that would negatively impact its resale value or detract from the sheer joy of driving.
So on to the things to check to ensure your car is ready for summer:
1) Tires. Make sure they’re properly inflated & don’t have excessive or unusual wear.
2) Get your brakes inspected.
3) Wash thoroughly – especially if you live in an area where they use salt on the roads in the wintertime. Wash the undercarriage, wheel wells, & the engine compartment in addition to that nice shiny paint job.
4) Check your oil / change your oil.
5) Check your coolant.
6) Check your transmission fluid.
7) Check your power steering fluid.
8) Check your brake fluid.
9) Check your battery.
10) Fix the little things. Lots of little things tend to break more easily in the winter time. So fix those little rattles, broken trim, and so on. It probably won’t make much, if any, difference on your car’s performance, but a car without annoying flaws is just more fun to drive.
11) Change your windshield wipers.
I’m not sure why they didn’t mention this in the article, but making sure your air conditi0ning works properly seems like a no-brainer to me, especially since our dealership is in the Atlanta area where it does get hot & humid in the summer time.
Of course all of these are basic routine maintenance no matter what the season, but summer is for fun and making sure your car is ready for it can make your summer just a touch more enjoyable.